Joanna Wood Ltd is a secure website. When you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure:
Through Worldpay, Joanna Wood Ltd Online uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Protection Notice
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by Joanna Wood Ltd and by using the Joanna Wood web site generally you agree to this use.
1. When you contact us or make a purchase you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
(a) To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services;
(b) For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis)
to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We will only send you marketing communications where you have indicated that you would like to receive these.
(c) For the prevention and detection of fraud.
(d) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from Joanna Wood Ltd, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to the address provided on the contact page with “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
4. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) To employees and agents of Joanna Wood Ltd to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Joanna Wood now or in the future.
(b) Agents who profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
We may also disclose your information:
(a) To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(b) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
5. In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the web site you visited prior to our site.
7. We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
8. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
9. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.